Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
nickdives

Tunisia weather Empty Tunisia weather

Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:47 pm
Snow on the mountains around Kaserine at the moment and wet and cold in the North!!
Colonel White

Tunisia weather Empty Re: Tunisia weather

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:01 am
I havn't studied the Tunisian campaign in detail as I am firmly in late 1941 ( Crusader) . However on watching a few documentaries on the Tunisian Campaign , mud played an important part in slowing everything down. Totally different to what you would experience say in the Western Desert for the period I am doing.
Piers
Piers
https://battlegroupwargame.forumotion.com

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:19 am
Hence the reason for all my Germans in Zeltbahn for Tunisia...
Fitz
Fitz
http://mojobob.com

Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:38 pm
There's a good section in one of Frank Capra's WWII propaganda films — I think it was called Tunisian Victory or something — in which one of the narrators, playing a British soldier, complains about the omnipresent rain and mud that winter and spring. It's certainly not the stereotypical view of North African weather Smile
Colonel White

Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:23 am
Tunisian Victory is the correct title as I have it. It is worth obtaining if this period interests .
RayH
RayH

Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:39 am
It was winter when Torch was launched and very cold. American infantry were issued HBT uniforms as used in the pacific. Was just not upto the task. The GI's had to scrounge extra clothing it was so cold. It rained heavily,snowed and froze all night.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum