Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
dirkbracke

Wrecks and how to treat them Empty Wrecks and how to treat them

Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:55 am
Hi all,

How do you treat wrecks? Do they stay on the field and form concealing terrain or are they burning making it impossible to see through them?

cheers

Dirk
Piers
Piers
https://battlegroupwargame.forumotion.com

Wrecks and how to treat them Empty Re: Wrecks and how to treat them

Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:00 am
Up to you.

I just treat them as obscuring targets.
dirkbracke

Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:13 am
Then we'll put in the flames (mainly to indicate it's a wreck but also for it's visual appeal) and treat them as obscuring obstacles. Thanks
Powermonger
Powermonger
http://www.thewargamespot.com

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:01 am
Just decide it with your opponent beforehand.
I treat all wrecks as obstacles which obscure or block LOS, depending on its size.
And if the wrecks are result from fire occured in this very battle, then i would not allow infantry to come closer than 1 inch from it.
wolflord
wolflord

Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:46 pm
While we mark all tank wrecks with a flame marker, they all can be repaired so we do not consider them burning and allow infantry taking cover behind them. But there migt be a lot of smoke, meaning any LOS crossing a wreck counts it target as obscured. But as was already said, it is all up to you how to handle wrecks.

Greetings
Wolflord
jfariahitech
jfariahitech
http://obrigadeiro.blogspot.pt/

Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:56 pm
Like an obstacle and block the LOS. Especially if it is on a road surrounded by buildings and/or hedges.
That's why I like engineers!
Wellington
Wellington

Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:50 pm
Yes obstacle and block line oft Sight. Objective wie ignore for los and movement, they are only abstact markers
wolflord
wolflord

Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:04 am
Wy should a wreck block LOS? Or do all tanks block LOS in your games? This question is not meant as critique, but i like to know why you decided to treat wrecks in this way.

Why do i treat wrecks the way i described above? Well the easy answer is, because that is the way i know from FoW. And as almost all my fellow gamers also played FoW it is a ruling they know.
But to dig somewhat deeper: as ground scale is even in BG variable (with 10" being about 100 m, the maximum effectiv range of most SMG, but 50", the maximum effective range of most guns in the game is certainly greater than 500 m) i think that a wreck (and also any intact tank) has a much smaller impact on the LOS in our tabletop terrain, than our models would suggest and in my opinion wrecks blocking LOS have to much impact. But that is just my opinion.

Greetings
Wolflord

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum