Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
danam

Guns and assaults Empty Guns and assaults

Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:08 am
When a gun is assaulted, if the gun is not pinned may the crew shoot back with rifles?

Does it matter or change if the gun team is an MG, light mortar, med/heavy mortar, AA gun, artillery? Did I get them all.

If the crew can shoot back, would a loader team and the extra crew get to shoot as well?
Valderech

Guns and assaults Empty Re: Guns and assaults

Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:39 am
danam wrote:When a gun is assaulted, if the gun is not pinned may the crew shoot back with rifles?

Does it matter or change if the gun team is an MG, light mortar, med/heavy mortar, AA gun, artillery?  Did I get them all.

If the crew can shoot back, would a loader team and the extra crew get to shoot as well?

All yes. Ruls p.29 Rifles - All infantry are assumed to have a rifle, even if gun crew or a rear echelon supply unit.
Stuart J
Stuart J

Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:20 am
Oh absolutely! If your heavy weapons (particularly artillery) is being close assaulted it's usually a sign that something has gone horribly, terribly wrong! But sometimes there is just no place to go and I have photos (sadly on my old laptop) of an epic moment at the end of our Tobruk campaign when the last line of 25pdrs was over run and even the command post crew drew rifles, put down their tea and came out fighting! Sadly for them they were no match for the Italian sappers and flame throwers.
Powermonger
Powermonger
http://www.thewargamespot.com

Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:14 pm
All crew (including loader teams) will fight back if unpinned.

We do have a small house rule for MG teams, support teams (ie, bazooka teams) etc. They do not have grenades if they close assault something.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum