Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
wolflord
wolflord

German Assault Pioneers Special Rules Empty German Assault Pioneers Special Rules

Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:59 pm
In Kursk, Overlord, the new rulebook and FotR the German Assault Pioneers have no special rules except Officer and Mortar Spotter for the platoon HQ squad. They certainly are supposed to have the "Engineers" special rule, as they are equipped with demo charges and can have minesweepers and such stuff. But are they supposed to have also the "Assault Troops" rule, like they do in Tobruk?

Greetings
Wolflord
wolflord
wolflord

German Assault Pioneers Special Rules Empty Re: German Assault Pioneers Special Rules

Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:57 pm
It seems ihad chosen the wrong time to ask this question, so shortly before Salute. But still the question remains, to be assault troops or not to be, suffering the bullets and grenades of outrageous fortune.

Greetings
Wolflord
Akahito

German Assault Pioneers Special Rules Empty Re: German Assault Pioneers Special Rules

Tue May 01, 2018 2:07 am
Push, i want to know that too Smile
Powermonger
Powermonger
http://www.thewargamespot.com

Wed May 02, 2018 3:37 pm
Of course they are assault troops!
But just my opinion. Need Warwick to confirm that.
Gun-Pit Paul

Sat May 05, 2018 9:21 am
They were trained as Assault Troops
Akahito

Fri May 11, 2018 10:02 pm
@Piers @Warwick you can confirm this?
just to get sure i play confirm of the rules
Owain30
Owain30

Thu May 24, 2018 9:49 am
Yes I'd like to know this too, Playing Fotr tonight and im using engineers and a goliath team for some fun.
Warwick
Warwick

Thu May 24, 2018 4:52 pm
Not assault troops, I'm minded to keep a very tight reign on that special rule. They have the tools to do the job without needing to close assault (demo-charge, flamethrower etc)... and if they do, it'll be with grenades as per other troops. Other combat engineers are not assault troops, so neither are the Germans.
wolflord
wolflord

Thu May 24, 2018 11:45 pm
Many thanks for clearing this up. Well, it seems that those Germans in Afrika are more agressive than other Germans.

Greetings
Wolflord.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum