Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
up

A purely academic discussion Empty A purely academic discussion

Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:15 pm
With some friends a discussion was born about the measures, the scales etc (even after reading an article by the author of BattGroup).

One of us after reading on TMP that there are players who use the measures in inches as if they were centimeters (and play Bolt Action on tables of 90 x 60 with 15mm miniatures) has proposed to try with BG.

I have done some tests that sometimes convince me others do not.

What do you think?

I would like to make it clear that this is a proposal for a purely academic discussion, devoid of argumentation, but if I asked a question out of place, I would ask the moderator to cancel my post.

Andrea

Con alcuni amici è nata una discussione riguardante le misure, le scale etc (anche dopo aver letto un articolo dell’autore di BattGroup).

Uno di noi dopo aver letto su TMP che ci sono giocatori che usano le misure in pollici come fossero centimetri (e giocano a Bolt Action su tavoli di 90 x 60 con miniature da 15mm) ha proposto di provare con BG.

Ho fatto delle prove che a volte mi convincono altre no.

Voi che ne pensate?

Vorrei essere chiaro che si tratta di una proposta per una discussione puramente accademica, priva di carattere polemico, ma se ho fatto una domanda fuori luogo, prego il moderatore di cancellare il mio post.
Wingfield-Haze

A purely academic discussion Empty Re: A purely academic discussion

Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:04 pm
Hi, we use inches as the rulebook prescribes for both 15mm and 20mm. I should imagine that even in 6mm the ranges would still be applicable as they are gaming ranges for practicality rather than for realism or simulation. On a personal perspective I would be horrified if I had to move my 15mm Churchills at 10cm double move (off road) They're 7cm long, so its ass would only be 3cm clear of its nose every turn!

Haze
up

Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:53 pm
Right observations.
I began to try the movement of a Stugg several times.
Indeed it seems to make a parking space.
A point in favor for those who want to keep the inch

Grazie
Andrea
wolflord
wolflord

Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:50 pm
With 15mm and 20mm the inch is the only usable scale, distances 1:1 in cm are to short. Would i play with 6mm miniatures i would try cm. This way i could play Co or Bn level games on a much smaller table. Not everyone has the room for 6'x6' or larger tables, but by combinig 6mm minis and measuring in cm a 90cm x 90cm table would be large enough.

Greetings
Wolflord
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum