Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
TulOne
TulOne

Air Attack counter Empty Air Attack counter

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:00 pm
Hi
I ask your help to clarify the following doubts about Air Attack counter:
- rules state: "A failed roll means no aircraft this time"; does it mean that a further attempt can be made next turn?
- what if a player (extremely lucky!...) draw another "air attack" counter whilst a friendly aicraft is already active on the table and roll again a 5+?
- can be considered reasonable putting a limit on the number of aircraft a side can have simultaneously present "on top"?

Thank you very much indeed, for the kind help, you could provide me, in order to understand what happened during a game with my brother where he drew 3 Air Attack counter, all successfullly arrived after he rolls 5+ Evil or Very Mad

TO
Nazrat
http://jer-toons.com

Air Attack counter Empty Re: Air Attack counter

Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:12 pm
1. No.  You get one chance to roll and then the chit counts as a zero.
2. You roll to see what type of aircraft and what armament and then make your opponent very sad.
3. The chits come up rarely enough and the 5+ isn't easy to get so I'd say it would be completely unneccessary to have a cap.  I've played BG since the beginning and I have never seen two aircraft on the table for one side at the same time.

I'd say he was having a REALLY lucky game and you were NOT.  I bet it will never happen again!
TulOne
TulOne

Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:11 pm
Thank you very much for the clarifications
And yes! The God of Dice (and the Goddness of Counters) that evening was really on my brother side!
Actually the third soviet f/b saw little (if any) action because I reached my BR limit picking a "3" after  my last panther was destroyed by one of the other two planes …

I HOPE it will never happen again!

TO
sjb1001
sjb1001

Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:35 pm
Three air attacks in one game - yikes, not fun. At some point Karma will make a seagull crap on his car a few times!!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum