Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Paul Snelling

M3 Grant two main guns Empty M3 Grant two main guns

Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:53 pm
Does the Grant have to choose which main weapon it fires or does it get to fire both, could not find any special rule for it.
Thanks
Wingfield-Haze

M3 Grant two main guns Empty Re: M3 Grant two main guns

Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:58 am
Basically, you can fire twice during your units activation, one of two types of fire each eg HE then AP or any other combo, twice of the same fire type eg two HE. The complications arise when using multiple sources of fire eg MG's so they can fire on tanks only twice but from each source. eg two MG'S hull and co-axial fire together ROF 6 twice ROF 12 if using small arms fire twice, so as two types of fire have been used no more types of fire can be conducted. I don't have any stats for the Grant, so does the turret have HE ability as well as the sponson gun?
Powermonger
Powermonger
http://www.thewargamespot.com

Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:18 am
You choose either the 37mm or the 75mm for each fire action.
Paul Snelling

Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:55 am
Thanks for that, both guns can have both HE and AP ammunition.
In the torch book, it states that the crew of 7 included 2 gunners and 2 loaders, which made me think you could both at the same time as in FOW.
Wingfield-Haze

Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:28 pm
I guess a line has to be drawn somewhere for a balanced game mechanic and here; this is the case. Rules here clarify what could turn into a messy situation. At least you won't burn that ammo up! Imagine the consequences of a Crocodile Churchill firing its Flamethrower, MG's and main gun (I know that's way more types of fire than is allowed) but it was the real situation.
Nino Kano

Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:06 pm
Both guns wouldn't fire together. The recoil from the 75 would keep the 37 from getting any kind of accurate hits. Also the commander have a hell of a time trying to aquire, relay, and assess targets.
Paul Snelling

Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:54 pm
It makes more sense when you explain it that way, just can’t wait to get a game under my belt.
Thanks guys for your help.
Powermonger
Powermonger
http://www.thewargamespot.com

Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:38 pm
Paul, in game mechanics, firing more than two times is handled via the "multiple turrets" rule. For example in a Soviet T-35.
But the specific tank has to be marked with that special rule. Is not the case with the Grant/Lee.

Regards,
IanKH
IanKH

Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:42 am
Think of it this way: The 75mm is the main gun that would always be used when making a frontal assault. The 37mm is for targets outside the arc of the 75mm.
It make it a versatile tank... When you give it an Open Fire order and achieve your goal with one shot from the 75mm, you can then traverse for a second target to Open Fire on with your second shot.
Stuart J
Stuart J

Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:00 pm
“The 75mm main gun is firing,”
“The 37mm secondary gun is firing, but it’s traversed round the wrong way. The Browning [machine gun] is jammed. I am saying, ‘Driver advance’ on the A set, but the driver – who can’t hear me – is reversing. “And as I look over the top of the turret, and see 12 enemy tanks, just 50 yards away, someone hands me a cheese sandwich.

-  British Lieutenant Ken Giles. North Africa, 1942
sjb1001
sjb1001

Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:34 pm
“The 75mm main gun is firing,”
“The 37mm secondary gun is firing, but it’s traversed round the wrong way. The Browning [machine gun] is jammed. I am saying, ‘Driver advance’ on the A set, but the driver – who can’t hear me – is reversing. “And as I look over the top of the turret, and see 12 enemy tanks, just 50 yards away, someone hands me a cheese sandwich.

- British Lieutenant Ken Giles. North Africa, 1942

Hope there was pickle on the sandwich, sounds like he needed a pick me up!!!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum