Go down
Valderech

A few questions

on Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:38 am
Good day.

1. A small mistake (?) in the capacity of NATO helicopters. Two
Rifle Squads U.S. Marines 26 men, helicopters capacity of 24. Two man left at the base?

2. Can I put the Forward Headquarters on the helicopter?

M60A1 RISE/PASSIVE
105mm L68A1 - Turret
MG - Co-axial
HMG – Turret

3. How many shots to infantry can be made from HMG – Turret? 6 dice?

4. I'm going to fire on enemy infantry. Do I understand correctly that I can only fire from 105mm L68A1 or from MG.

5. The tank has a MG and HMG. Can I fire them at the same time, i.e. throw 3 dice per MG and plus another per HMG?
Valderech

Re: A few questions

on Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:27 am
All with the last holidays colleagues. After a few games there are new questions [on old only there is no answer ((( ]

6. Who can explain for PT gun MT-12 (LENINGRAD MILITARY DISTRICT MOTOR RIFLE DIVISION BATTLEGROUP, p.11) For what it is expensive, 50 pts.+5 pts. transport? T-55A with the same gun is worth 20 pts!!!
7. Not found in the rules description, where can I find the mechanics of fire from a hand grenade (M72A2 LAW, AT 4 LAW)?
8. Options: May take a M72A2 LAW + 5 pts - I can take only one LAW or their number in a squad is not limited?
9. Will there be implemented a limited ammunition in tanks?
RichardC
https://coldwarhot.blogspot.com.au/

on Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:28 pm
Valderech wrote:1. A small mistake (?) in the capacity of NATO helicopters. Two
Rifle Squads U.S. Marines 26 men, helicopters capacity of 24. Two man left at the base?

The two CH-46E are purchased for the Platoon. The Platoon has 42 men in it. Together the helicopters can carry 48 men. One squad can be split using the fireteam rule. The helo carrying the Platoon Command Squad and 1 Rifle Squad has space for up to 8 men.

2. Can I put the Forward Headquarters on the helicopter?

Can't see any reason why not. Using the USMC as an example - there is space in the CH-46Es for the Forward HQ. However, if you buy a bunch of Platoon Support options and you want to also helo-transport them, I'd just add another helicopter for 25 pts +2-r BR. That should work. Just work on what you and your opponent are happy with.

M60A1 RISE/PASSIVE
105mm L68A1 - Turret
MG - Co-axial
HMG – Turret

3. How many shots to infantry can be made from HMG – Turret? 6 dice?

RoF 6

4. I'm going to fire on enemy infantry. Do I understand correctly that I can only fire from 105mm L68A1 or from MG.

That's the way I've always played it

5. The tank has a MG and HMG. Can I fire them at the same time, i.e. throw 3 dice per MG and plus another per HMG?

I've always played it that you can't. You must choose one or the other. However, I could swear I saw some Facebook commentary from Warwick on this subject a while back where it indicated it was possible to fire two MGs at at target. Just spent 10 minutes looking for it and I cannot find it for the life of me.

Richard
RichardC

on Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:51 pm
Valderech wrote:6. Who can explain for PT gun MT-12 (LENINGRAD MILITARY DISTRICT MOTOR RIFLE DIVISION BATTLEGROUP, p.11) For what it is expensive, 50 pts.+5 pts. transport? T-55A with the same gun is worth 20 pts!!!

Yes that's overpriced. Good pick up. Mate, there's no science or secret formula here - I'm, simply one guy trying my hardest.

7. Not found in the rules description, where can I find the mechanics of fire from a hand grenade (M72A2 LAW, AT 4 LAW)?

Use "Area Fire - with small arms, machine guns & High Explosive Shells" or "Aimed Fire - with small arms and machineguns". The small arms and other weapons 'To Hit' table on page 8 and the LAW, RPG, MAW, Recoilless Rifle and Automatic Grenade Launcher Table on Page 9, along with the commentary below it should help. There is also information on Page 21 about LAWs, although I should change some of the information in the little call out box which is no longer correct.

8. Options: May take a M72A2 LAW + 5 pts - I can take only one LAW or their number in a squad is not limited?

Can you please point out to me which list this is from. I had thought I had pretty consistently said "May take a M72A2 LAW..." or "May take up to 2 M72A2 LAW..." so if I have missed one I'd like to correct it.

9. Will there be implemented a limited ammunition in tanks?

I'm assuming you mean main gun rounds here. For modern MBTs or any other AFV with quality Fire Control Systems etc it's unlikely. I have been considering it lately for some of the early tanks and AFVs that are still in service in the 1980's with essentially WW2 like fire controls. ATGMs of course, are limited.

Of course if you want to limit ammo - go ahead. I could see a scenario specific rule for a depleted defending force for instance having limited ammo.

Hope all that helps

Richard
Valderech

on Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:14 am
RichardC wrote:

Can't see any reason why not.  Using the USMC as an example - there is space in the CH-46Es for the Forward HQ.  However, if you buy a bunch of Platoon Support options and you want to also helo-transport them, I'd just add another helicopter for 25 pts +2-r BR.  That should work.  Just work on what you and your opponent are happy with.

We play in 15mm, it is difficult to find CH-64E . Therefore, we decided to use four UH-1. Will soon try them in action.

RichardC wrote:

I've always played it that you can't.  You must choose one or the other.  However, I could swear I saw some Facebook commentary from Warwick on this subject a while back where it indicated it was possible to fire two MGs at at target.  Just spent 10 minutes looking for it and I cannot find it for the life of me.

The same type of MG we use on WW2. My colleagues and I have decided that in modern tanks the crew is small and can not fire from all types of light weapons. But there were other questions-how to implement automatic loading of tank guns and shooting with anti-aircraft machine gun on some tanks need to get out of the tank gunner. I understand the mechanics of the game it does not regulate.
Valderech

on Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:25 am
RichardC wrote:

Yes that's overpriced.  Good pick up.  Mate, there's no science or secret formula here - I'm, simply one guy trying my hardest.

You are a great fellow, a huge amount of work! As option increase the cost of the tank?

RichardC wrote:

Can you please point out to me which list this is from.  I had thought I had pretty consistently said "May take a M72A2 LAW..." or "May take up to 2 M72A2 LAW..." so if I have missed one I'd like to correct it.

UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS BATTLE GROUP/INFANTRY UNITS/USMC Rifle Squads p.2

Thank you very much for your answers!
RichardC

on Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:57 am
Valderech wrote:We play in 15mm, it is difficult to find CH-64E . Therefore, we decided to use four UH-1. Will soon try them in action.

I generally play in 20mm (but have played a few games in 15mm) and I was lucky to pick up a couple of diecast CH-46E and even two CH-53E which I'm not sure I'll ever get to game with - but why not have them! The 4 x UH-1 works fine for me and is still accurate for USMC in my book.

The same type of MG we use on WW2. My colleagues and I have decided that in modern tanks the crew is small and can not fire from all types of light weapons. But there were other questions-how to implement automatic loading of tank guns and shooting with anti-aircraft machine gun on some tanks need to get out of the tank gunner. I understand the mechanics of the game it does not regulate.

I think that's pretty good logic.

UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS BATTLE GROUP/INFANTRY UNITS/USMC Rifle Squads p.2

OK - I could see what I meant when I wrote it - but I can also see it's not as clear as it should be - so I've now updated it. I'll post up the edited list as part of my overall edit that I've just kind of started. There may be a couple of other minor changes to the USMC lists. I think I have overpriced and over-armoured the LAV-25.

Thanks for your interest and support

Richard
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum