Go down
Wingfield-Haze

Location to location Campaign

on Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:41 am
Hi,
If I am defeated in battle can I move to any adjacent location so long as it is not occupied by an enemy or from where the enemy came from? As I understand it I don't have to move back to the location from whence I came.
Warwick

Re: Location to location Campaign

on Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:52 pm
You don't have to withdraw back to the location you moved in from. You can withdraw to a free location in another direction, as long as their are no enemy there and no enemy came from there.

Wingfield-Haze

on Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:20 pm
Thanks. Phew, that one caused quite a lengthy debate.
Atkins

on Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:20 pm
Hi

So to summarise.

If a force attacks a location and wins its move ends.
If a force attacks a location and its opponents withdraw its move ends.
If a force attacks a location but then finds its self outnumbered it can withdraw, but not through the location "A unit cannot move through a location occupied by any enemy units; first it must fight the tabletop battle for possession of the location ".
However if a force attacks a location and loses it can move through that location?

I find difficulty understanding the rational?

Atkins
Warwick

on Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:44 am
The point being you did the important bit, and fought a battle (with models on a tabletop), the campaign is supposed to encourage that bit, not just moving the counters on the map. They are just a means to an end, playing BG games... not the game itself. Trying to win by avoiding battles would seem to be an anti-wargame campaign. Of course, you could only do this if the enemy positions allow it, they can block such moves easily, it just requires planning. Bit of an oddity maybe, but it might also help keep the campaign more fluid, and prevent a stalemate over some locations.
Atkins

on Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:19 pm
Hi
Thanks for that Warwick.
Atkins
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum