Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
nickdives

Mat o War texturing Empty Mat o War texturing

Thu May 24, 2018 7:50 am
Gents,

my 12 x 6 Mat O War from the HobbyDen has done sterling service. I am just pondering a little how to add a little life to it. Has anyone tried glueing static grass etc to theirs? If so what adhesive did you use?

Cheers.
Darren

Mat o War texturing Empty Re: Mat o War texturing

Mon May 28, 2018 7:56 pm
Hi

Not exactly a reply but I’m after a bit more of it if anyone has any green colour they can part with after extending my table!!
Need another 2feet x 6 feet!

Ya
Darren
sjb1001
sjb1001

Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:31 am
Nick - I have used textured pain spray in the past for mats (plasti-kote brand, can't recall the name), light applications work well. For doing flock on mats artist spray fixative is good - do a check on a corner first as some of them don't cure fully to allow movement of prints and a sticky war mat would kind of suck.

Steve
nickdives

Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:48 am
Cheers Steve, just doing a trial with PVA and flock mixes. Currently it is rolled up in the garage but comes out next week when Lorna heads off on a flight for a week!! So will see how it looks!
nickdives

Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:33 am
So far so good, the test patch survived being rolled up in the garage, off to a railway shop today to buy a load more flock etc. Will post phots on the FB BG site because of the photobucket situation.
nickdives

Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:34 am
Been rolled up in the garage for 10 days, no adverse effects. Looking good.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum