Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ironfist Publishing bought by PSC?

+9
Colonel White
Piers
NTM
dead1
Ilkahn
AntonyO
wolflord
Acctingman
Taranis
13 posters
Go down
Taranis
Taranis

Ironfist Publishing bought by PSC?  Empty Ironfist Publishing bought by PSC?

Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:24 pm
A friend of mine told me that PSC bought Ironfist Publishing according to Ironfist's Facebook page. Is this true? I don't use Facebook, but I thought if this were true I would see it posted here and PSC's website, but nothing yet.

Just curious, thanks.
Acctingman

Ironfist Publishing bought by PSC?  Empty Re: Ironfist Publishing bought by PSC?

Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:52 pm
That's what I heard too
wolflord
wolflord

Ironfist Publishing bought by PSC?  Empty Re: Ironfist Publishing bought by PSC?

Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:16 pm
Heard it too, but i am not on facebook either.
AntonyO

Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:11 pm
Yep it's true Piers Brand made a statement on what is now Battlegroup ww2 wargames rules (unofficial) facebook page.
Taranis
Taranis

Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:29 pm
Thanks for the conformation Antony 0. Guess I have mixed emotions about the change. On the one hand maybe with PSC funding the game we'll see quicker re-releases of books such as Kursk (please, please) and new books. But I'm sad to hear Piers won't be officially part of the game anymore, but at least Warwick will still be at the helm.
AntonyO

Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:35 pm
As you say Warwick is still there, and everyone saying business as usual! I wonder if Piers will visit here as often now, hopefully so!
Ilkahn

Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:47 pm
I will sorely miss Piers, i think they have done themselves a HUGE dis-service by not finding a way to keep him onboard.
dead1

Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:35 am
Hmmm...I am hoping this does not affect the quality of the rules. There are always risk when a ruleset is released by a miniature manufacturer. Suffice to say rules become just another form of marketing the miniatures.

Fingers crossed this doesn't happen to BG.

Piers "the 20mm god" Brand will be missed regardless.
NTM

Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:15 am
Warwick is still writing the books, PSC was always involved with Will being one of the Ironfist partners. I'll miss Piers' involvement but have no fears over the quality of the supplements to come.
Piers
Piers
https://battlegroupwargame.forumotion.com

Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:20 am
Yep... Warwick still writing. Not much change.

Books just won't have any pics, research or stuff written by me. I also wont be running the IFP facebook page or looking after the forum. That's all. PSC will handle the printing and distribution as before but also likely have some say in what books are produced and when.

Poor old Warwick will have to do them all himself though!
Colonel White

Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:41 pm
Piers wrote:Yep... Warwick still writing. Not much change.

Books just won't have any pics, research or stuff written by me. I also wont be running the IFP facebook page or looking after the forum. That's all. PSC will handle the printing and distribution as before but also likely have some say in what books are produced and when.

Poor old Warwick will have to do them all himself though!

That does surprise me a little as I was under the impression that you did some work for PSC and therefore the status quo wouldn't change.

Sadly and disappointing that this does not appear to be the case and I personally would miss your involvement with the books.

I just hope the quality doesn't go down as 2 books a year is fine by me and many others as they are worth the wait .
Nick2729

Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:42 pm
I would imagine that considering PSC own modern plastic range and the recent purchase of the Armiesarmies range that NORTHAG ma come out sooner than previously anticipated as they will want to use the rules to promote additional model sales.
Taranis
Taranis

Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:26 pm
I agree Nick I think Northag will be a priority for psc now, which is fine with me but I'd love it if they do a reprint of Kursk.

The silver lining of Piers leaving is he's apparently working on a new series of historical scenarios books, that will naturally work wonderfully with BG Smile
AntonyO

Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:29 pm
I for one am looking forward to the promised scenario books!
Colonel White

Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:33 pm
Taranis wrote:I agree Nick I think Northag will be a priority for psc now, which is fine with me but I'd love it if they do a reprint of Kursk.

The silver lining of Piers leaving is he's apparently working on a new series of historical scenarios books, that will naturally work wonderfully with BG Smile

My view is that PSC are wanting/needing g a modern game to support their plastics range and also the small Resin company that they took over. I am guessing that not enough sales have been generated because of Battlefront trying to ring fence their Team Yankee with the use of cards etc.

PSC have probably been impressed and that goes for many of us as well at all the work and detail that Richard has placed in the Northag project. It wouldn't surprise me if his work and his devotion to detail has exceeded expectations as just a "Get you by" set of rules. His hard work will probably have saved at least a couple of years of development work and , I reckon like you guys, PSC will want to push this through. This should give PSC a very large chunk of the modern gaming market. I have know idea how big this is now as in the past it has been very miniscule compared to say WW2 .Northag could also be used as a base for development of the other modern wars such as Korean War,Vietnam,Arab Islraeli Wars and the war with Iraq to mention just a few. Potentially quite a decent market from a business point of view.

WW2 side of things with the exception of the scenario books of which I hope Piers still intends on doing is about four fifths complete . The only gaps in the main rules book section I can think of is the Med ( Italian Campaign) and the Far East ( Pacific) . The former I am looking forward to.
Piers
Piers
https://battlegroupwargame.forumotion.com

Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:40 pm
Just before guesswork gets taken as fact...

Northag will not be based on the existing WW2 Battlegroup Rules, or my previous Cold War work and will be a new design by Warwick as we don't feel the rules work correctly for the sort of Cold War game that is required.

There is alot more than two WWII books left. We were only halfway though, so atleast dive or six more.
Gunny Highway
Gunny Highway

Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:43 pm
Bugger! Don't think I have enough room in the fireplace to put all the copies I've made of Northag........ No
Respectfully,
Gunny study
RichardC
RichardC
https://coldwarhot.blogspot.com.au/

Tue May 01, 2018 11:57 pm
Why burn your NORTHAG copies? The current rules are an initial playtest version of the rules. There was always going to be changes as Warwick took more control of the project and put his stamp on it.

I will continue to be involved in the project and I hope what we've learnt from the feedback of the numerous playtest games will continue to influence the direction of the project.

Richard
Colonel White

Wed May 02, 2018 11:18 am
RichardC wrote:Why burn your NORTHAG copies?  The current rules are an initial playtest version of the rules.  There was always going to be changes as Warwick took more control of the project and put his stamp on it.  

I will continue to be involved in the project and I hope what we've learnt from the feedback of the numerous playtest games will continue to influence the direction of the project.

Richard

Whilst I don't play Northag I appreciate all the hard work and commitment that you have put into the project and like I said before you have probably shaved some time into getting this book into publication . I hope you will be spurred on to do more and I am pretty sure some of your work will show up in the final version .
DennisB
DennisB

Mon May 14, 2018 5:36 am
I do hope Northag maintains the feel that Battlegroup WW2 currently has; if not just slightly tweaked. It's the mechanics and the no nonsense scenario driven rules that make it such a good ruleset.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum