Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Strombones

1985. East of Hamburg. Empty 1985. East of Hamburg.

Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:53 pm
I've had a small stash of Team Yankee stuff that I've been really wanting to get on the table, so ive decided to mix in some cold war BG into the development of my Stalingrad board using Richard C's fantastic wealth of information. I'm also pretty confident that we will see an actual Northag one day, so I'd like to hit the ground running with that when the time comes.

In the meantime, my version of the war will be fought east of Hamburg in 1985. After two years of serious fighting, the lines have stabilized and the conflict has come to some what of a temporary stalemate. In the north of Germany, the 2nd Marine Division has captured Hamburg, using the river Elbe as a supply route back to the 7th fleet. Having lost most of it's armored assets in the Savage urban fighting, 2nd Mardiv has began re-equipping it's tank battalions with the new Abrams. Limited numbers have reached the forward edge of battle east of the city.

My main force will be based around an LAV company operating on the forward most point of battle. Very glad Richard included these as an infantry asset in his mod. Against them will be a Societ Motorized BG equipped with BMP2s. Since I don't have much space in my new apartment, for lots of big scale manuevers, I'm gonna tone down the fire power in terms of aircraft and big guns for the time being.

Excited to get this going and looking forward to sharing more

.1985. East of Hamburg. Img_20281985. East of Hamburg. Img_2029
Tomek917
Tomek917

1985. East of Hamburg. Empty Re: 1985. East of Hamburg.

Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:24 pm
Nice, I really like that terrain!
PanzerSmurf
PanzerSmurf

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:22 pm
Nice board!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum