Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Louis17

Warsaw uprising Empty Warsaw uprising

Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:58 pm
Hello all,

Could someone tell me whether there is any resource available to play Warsaw uprising battles? If not, is someone using alternative resource? Or is there already something planned for the future?

Thanks in advance.
wolflord
wolflord

Warsaw uprising Empty Re: Warsaw uprising

Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:40 pm
Do you mean historical resources or gaming resources?

Greetings
Wolflord
Louis17

Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:56 pm
I meant gaming resources of course...
NTM

Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:37 pm
I'd probably use the Partisan list from dispatches as the starting point for the Home Army. It can be found in the files section of the BG Facebook group.
wolflord
wolflord

Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:44 pm
Battlefront had once a PDF for the Armia Krajowa in Flames of War, but the PDF is no longer avaible as the list is now part of the "Red Bear revised" book. I never downloaded the PDF, but maybe someone on this forum has this PDF still on his computer.

For a conversion into Battlegroup the Partisan list from "Dispathes 1" (downloadable from Facebook) is invaluable.

Greetings
Wolflord
Louis17

Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:43 pm
Hello,

Thanks for the answer! In fact, I was not aware of a Facebook group (don't shoot at me please!) and even less of the files. Of great value!

As a matter of fact, I've got the AK pdf. Someone any idea on how I should translate to BG based on the partisan list?
wolflord
wolflord

Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:58 pm
i would use the Partisan platoon from the Dispatches for the AK Piechoty Company. Add a piat and MG42 to the platoon support options and make the guns and medium mortar Restricted.
For the Kedyw Company you could use the Soviet Motories Platoon from FotR. Drop the truck options and change the platoon support options to German ones and add a piat. Also add an option to equip one squad with a flamethrower. The Polish troops were very motivated, so you could think about a option to upgrade the platoon to Veteran. Should be something about 30-40 points and +3 BR.

For the other choices just look at the AK PDF what was avaible. but any tanks should be unique.

Greetings
Wolflord
Louis17

Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:12 pm
Hello Wolflord,

Thanks for the great advice. In fact I've been already pretty busy with trying to figure out a list based on the pdf. I already came out on the AK and Kedyw equivalents but did not think to change the rating from inexperienced to veteran. But It's true that the variable in BG is more about morale than military skill, isn't it? Still, maybe there is another way to translate the motivation into the list without upgrading to veteran, like e.g. adding some BR to the battlegroup. Feels like weird to me to field veteran partisans against regular Germans. Or am I missing something?
OscarVictor
OscarVictor

Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:55 am
If i may...
the Battlefront PDF was crap.. I still have it somewhere if you want.. the Warlord army list is horrible - as most of their list tbh..

I made some attempts some times ago, but to be honest, if you really want to play the Warsaw uprising, you have to be prepared to be crushed if you field a proper AK army.

Weapons and ammo restrictions

weapon availability table
2D10 weapon
11-13 Bren LMG
14-16 Browning wz 28
17-18 PIAT (1d6 ammunitions)
19-20 flamethrower
scrouging of weapons and ammunitions (part of the Polish ressources depended on this)
sewer movement ( A Wajda movie Kanal)
Warsaw uprising CnLphp

and the "germans" were not that bad either ..
Appart regular formations, made of Polizei and W-SS, you have to field the Dirlewanger and Kaminsky scums, plus some weird units, like azeri and the rest..

don't see how you can field Veterans,

Vehicles, there are decent Kubus available in 20mm (you just need one and for a short period of time)
Warsaw uprising P1010021rt

the rest is widely available (civil vehicles and germans, ah yes one italian
Warsaw uprising Photo258z

My attempt is somewhere on my computer will have to dig it if you want.

Warsaw uprising CBcXLi
Warsaw uprising A0shQ8
Warsaw uprising YVltcl
Warsaw uprising 91g5OD

one thing is sure, if you have time, patience, lots of rubbles and buildings,
warsaw uprising can be great in terms of gaming
wolflord
wolflord

Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:35 pm
The AK captured many German weapons, but of course on the long run they lacked the heavy weapons to resist the the German onslaught (the Germans even used the first available Sturmtiger tanks). But part of the German forces where Security troops which had dubios combat value and those suffered heavy casualities.

By the way, very nice models and terrain, OscarVictor. I like the Kubus very much. Cool
gebhk

Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:40 pm
The AK captured many German weapons, but of course on the long run they lacked the heavy weapons to resist the German onslaught
It could be argued that given the terrain they were fighting in, lack of heavy weapons was not the most critical handicap - rather it was the lack of standardisation of weaponry and chronic shortage of ammunition, food, water etc. Basically a logistical nightmare. Some units were very well armed - on paper. For example one unit 70% armed with machine pistols, the home-grown Blyskawica. However it would appear that in practice these turned out to highly inaccurate and notoriously prone to jamming. Other home-grown devices included mortars, hand grenades and flamethrowers. However the majority of units often had hand guns if they were lucky.

I think the point I am making is that a general 'list' will never be very satisfying because of the sheer diversity of such an army.  

Best of luck.

Fabulous terrain, by the way, OscarVictor
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum