Battlegroup Wargame Rules
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Joe
Joe

Video Battle Report - "Siege of Odessa" 400pts / Operation Barbarossa Empty Video Battle Report - "Siege of Odessa" 400pts / Operation Barbarossa

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:21 pm
Hey everyone, here's out first battle report for Barbarossa.  I tried to theme the game after the perimeter defense of Odessa 30km outside the city.  The lists and terrain are heavily influenced by the opening battle scene in the film "Battle of Sevastopol".  Enjoy the Show!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQY8u198tio
Acctingman

Video Battle Report - "Siege of Odessa" 400pts / Operation Barbarossa Empty Re: Video Battle Report - "Siege of Odessa" 400pts / Operation Barbarossa

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:36 pm
Always enjoy your videos Joe. Thanks for posting!
Joe
Joe

Video Battle Report - "Siege of Odessa" 400pts / Operation Barbarossa Empty Re: Video Battle Report - "Siege of Odessa" 400pts / Operation Barbarossa

Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:57 pm
Thanks Acctingman, we really enjoyed our first plunge into early war.
Warwick
Warwick

Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:27 pm
Very good Joe, a good watch... although you got that dismounting from pinned vehicles wrong... the order to disembark is on the vehicle, if it's pinned, no order is allowed, so the guys are just hunkering down inside. This way infantry can fight of an armoured infantry assault, or at least stall it. Otherwise the infantry just pile out and jump you...
Joe
Joe

Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:08 pm
Yeah I biffed that rule. In my mind I was attributing the order to the infantry, thankfully it didn't alter the game to much since Vin butchered the assault on the trenches. Next time I'll try to find a new way to cheat to gain an advantage Smile
Ilkahn

Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:06 am
I've found these videos fun to watch. Not as much fun as playing but a good second. study
Joe
Joe

Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:15 am
Well I'm glad youre liking them. I'd rather be playing too but if I can't get out to roll some dice sometimes I search for battle reports to hold me over. This hobby needs a 24/7 battle report tv channel Smile
Acctingman

Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:27 pm
Joe.....you've found your calling. Get cracking on it!!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum